Daydawn Advocacy Centre is managed by:
other employees when possible; and
volunteers – men and women of goodwill.
- Advocacy with Government organisations to access entitlements, such as – Centrelink payments, housing, employment and training schemes
- Advocacy to provide or encourage needed services such as – emergency housing, education scholarships and rehabilitation services
- Submissions to Government and other authorities on Aboriginal issues
- Networking with Aboriginal leaders and organisations
- Promotion of the traditional Noongar language
- Religious Assistance, such as – Catholic Education; Inclusion in the mainstream of the church life; Spiritual Guidance; Prayer Groups and referrals to Chaplains and the Catholic Aboriginal Ministry
- Reconciliation initiatives
- Financial Management
Download these documents for more information:
If you would like to access one of these services, please contact the Daydawn Advocacy Centre. Go to the ‘Contact Us’ page for contact details.
RELIEF SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHER ORGANISATIONS